Always back up your Apple device; you never know what could happen to your iPhone, iPod or iPad, so you should take precatious either using iCloud or iTunes.
iCloud only allows 5GB of space, so, unless you want to pay for the extra storage, you might want to look into using iTunes.
Before you get started, make sure you have the latest version of iTunes (Help > Check for Updates).
First, turn off iCloud:
- Go to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud Backup. Toggle iCloud Backup off.
Now you can start:
- Go to Settings > General > iTunes Wi-Fi Sync.
- This will ask you to connect your iPhone to your PC via USB.
- Sign in to iTunes with your Apple ID and look for the small iPhone icon.
- One the menu on the left, pick Summary, then scroll down to Options. Click on “Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi”. Then click Apply, bottom right.
- Disconnect your iPhone from the PC. You are now connected wirelessly through the same Wi-Fi Network. You can now back up wirelessly.
- Connect your device to your computer and launch iTunes. Your device will appear as a small icon, top left. Click the icon.
- In the left-hand menu, choose a category (music, movies, etc.).
- For each category, choose the items you want to backup, then click “Apply” before proceeding to doing the same with the next category.